Thursday, December 15, 2005

birthday blues

this special day doesn't seem so special anymore, the older i get. wonder why. especially this year. is it simply cos i'm just busier and so am too tired and not really in any state to celebrate?... because i'm finally on the WRONG side of 25?... maybe it's just that it's the middle of the week, and the festive mood hasn't set in... i remember being in a similar frame of mind this time last year. kinda of like a quarter-life crisis.

But I know I've been very blessed, and I actually do have much to be thankful for. A loving and caring family - always there for me, i've found a soulmate I'm soon going to spend the rest of my life with, a bunch of friends I've grown up with and known since 13 and who still remain very dear to my heart, a job I actually like and enjoy, good health... the list goes on...

It's so easy to take things for granted. Very bad... Must remember to count my blessings and be thankful for what I have. That's one thing that definitely needs to go on my list of resolutions for the coming year. Speaking of which, last birthday, I actually came up with a list of things i wanted to accomplish before i turned 30. sadly, i've barely done anything. Shall give it another go this year:

  1. spend more time with my grandparents
  2. go back to volunteering with kids on a more regular basis
  3. skydive - plans to do this over Monterey Bay this May got scuppered when the London secondment suddenly came up
  4. climb kilimanjaro - need to get to the summit before the receding ice cap disappears totally, thanks to global warming
  5. get open water dive licence - but please don't tell mum and dad...
  6. finish reading Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment - i think i stopped at page 47. oops...
  7. start ballet classes again
  8. play better tennis
  9. sleep earlier when i get the chance (obviously not trying hard enough, seeing i'm up at 1am writing this... hah!)

Now that's a start... :)

3 comments:

mini said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *hugz* perhaps u should write down what you've accomplished instead... half full instead of half empty. :)

ps. one more thing to be thankful for hehe. i'm older than you *cries*

S* said...

happy birthday babe!

~e~ said...

thanks for the birthday wishes dearies... :)