Monday, April 17, 2006

Good Friday Weekend

So after a drought of 3 months, we finally get another long weekend. Took the opportunity to arrange for a makeup trial with Kenneth Lee on Friday morning. Yes yes... it's long overdue (wedding is only 4 months away)... It was a fairly quick session and with a few whisks of his brushes it was done. I think i look kinda odd - not very me... XJ decided to do some test shots and I left the makeup on for the rest of the day to see how long it would last. Don't usually wear much makeup and it took a gargantuan effort not to scratch my face, rub my eyes, lick my lips... bleah.


(L-R, top to bottom): Kenneth is done in less than an hour, Checking it out in the mirror - doubtful, so weird... so not-me, hmm..., ok, let's try a smile; XJ guest stars


Trooped down to Arab Street on Saturday cos after all my gushing about my lace wedding gown, Mum was inspired to check out some lace too. It was back breaking, going from one Royal Brothers to the next (there are at least 3 on the same street!), popping in and out of Mahaco, then final stop at Alta Moda - where the guy remembered XJ and I from the last time... He showed us a S$470/m piece of gorgeous double-scalloped alencon lace, and I said I would come back to get it another time after checking with my designer. Of course, I never did... =X

this pale gold chantilly caught mum's eye, as did the pastel floral Emmanuel Ungaro silk satin on the right
she didn't buy 'em though. tease...

In line with our get-healthy-get-some-sun campaign, we decided to go play some beach volleyball at Sentosa with XL, Get & Kay. Excuse to try out my new bimbo bikini too (with cute pink ribbons)... heh! But the blazing hot weather gave way to ominous dark clouds and streaks of lightning by the time we got to the island. We got tired tossing the frisbee between the two of us while waiting for the rest to arrive and indulged - Blue Chips! My fav... :)

Attempted a round of 2-on-2 Ultimate with XL & Get - I was pooped after only 10 minutes with all the non-stop running. The volleyball bit of the evening was slightly better, but it soon started to drizzle and got too dark to see. Perfect reason to call it a day and makan (again!). I confess - succumbed to temptation and had a double scoop of chocolate-chocolate and macademia ice cream. So much for healthy living. Well, at least I think it didn't contain trans fat!?!?!


3 comments:

mini said...

*whistles* very chio leh! haha ok my verdict ... it looks very natural from the photos! 2 thumbs and 1 paw up :)

mini said...

haha so smart

~e~ said...

hmm... agree that the makeup looked quite natural - almost like not wearing any at all. i'm just not sure about how he'll do my hair, cos i didn't get a trial on that...