Wedding Stuff
Here are some pics of my various visits to Margaret Brides - my wedding gown designer. She specialises in lace *swoon*. :)
I've decided on a duchesse satin mermaid gown with a chapel train and french alencon lace on the bodice and all around the hem, finished off with a row of satin covered buttons right down the back. Still looking for the perfect piece of lace but finding something I like and within budget is tough. Margaret has reserved a batch of lace as the "minimum" standard, pending new stocks which will arrive from her suppliers in June. If we find nothing more suitable, that's the one we'll use for my gown. Was bowled over by this pure silk duchesse satin I saw at Arab St the other day. It had a gorgeous honey sheen to it and felt heavenly. But it was too much to pay for after the top-ups I'd added to get french alencon on my gown. *sniff*
The day we signed up with her. Margaret's sketching the dress of my dreams, as I look eagarly on.

Artist at work...

Margaret's studio. Love it! Soft, ivory tones,plush carpets, dreamy romantic drapes, little lacey touches - lampshades, cushion covers, table runners...

...and the circular dais on which you model all her lovely creations in front of a large mirror. I feel like royalty! ;p

My "reserve" lace


2 comments:
*sniff* you're gonna look lovely!! ... ps. margaret's studio is so comfy
yah, it is... the bedroom slippers she gives you and the faint music playing lulls you into this dreamy state. it helps that she has all these pretty dresses displayed all around. heh. and the lace... oooh... ;p
Post a Comment