Bangkok Blues
What was supposed to be a short fly-in, fly-out business trip for a quick kick-off turned into a full blown week of pain and torture. The long drawn meetings, standstill traffic and baking in the sun while stuck in traffic - not fun. Worst of all, the bed at the Grand Hyatt was so hard and uncomfortable I woke up several times in the past 2 nights! And I still haven't gotten my massage after more than 48 hours in the land of spa. Grr...
Packed and moved to the Conrad today and what a welcome relief! It's not super-luxe, and is slightly further away from the snazzy shopping centres (not that it matters much - taxis are cheap)... but I feel so much better just stepping into the more modernly done up room. No antiquated, dated, colonial-era style furniture for me. Classic calmness in my favourite earthy tones - cool celadon, lush sage, crisp white sheets with a warm chocolate border and matching chocolate picture frames of moody black and white photos adorning the walls and bathroom. Ooh... the bathroom... full glass wall looks into the bedroom area, sleek fixtures, rain shower (!!) and GINORMOUS bathtub.... bliss..... Ipod docking station that also pipes music into the bathroom was a plus.
So after 15 minutes unwinding in the mist of the rainshower and a glorious soak in a tub full of bubbles... my limbs are tingly and i'm so relaxed i'm optimistic about me sleeping through the night for the first time this trip! Sigh... life's little pleasures... Now if only i manage to squeeze in a massage tomorrow evening....
Not looking forward to more work tomorrow. But at least it means I'm one day closer to getting home. I miss my babies...
*Edit: forgot to mention! Conrad's trademark bears are replaced with an adorable stuffed elephant in Bangkok! and instead of the usual yellow rubber duckie, I got a white rubber olliephant with colourful polka dots all over. Too cute!
Packed and moved to the Conrad today and what a welcome relief! It's not super-luxe, and is slightly further away from the snazzy shopping centres (not that it matters much - taxis are cheap)... but I feel so much better just stepping into the more modernly done up room. No antiquated, dated, colonial-era style furniture for me. Classic calmness in my favourite earthy tones - cool celadon, lush sage, crisp white sheets with a warm chocolate border and matching chocolate picture frames of moody black and white photos adorning the walls and bathroom. Ooh... the bathroom... full glass wall looks into the bedroom area, sleek fixtures, rain shower (!!) and GINORMOUS bathtub.... bliss..... Ipod docking station that also pipes music into the bathroom was a plus.
So after 15 minutes unwinding in the mist of the rainshower and a glorious soak in a tub full of bubbles... my limbs are tingly and i'm so relaxed i'm optimistic about me sleeping through the night for the first time this trip! Sigh... life's little pleasures... Now if only i manage to squeeze in a massage tomorrow evening....
Not looking forward to more work tomorrow. But at least it means I'm one day closer to getting home. I miss my babies...
*Edit: forgot to mention! Conrad's trademark bears are replaced with an adorable stuffed elephant in Bangkok! and instead of the usual yellow rubber duckie, I got a white rubber olliephant with colourful polka dots all over. Too cute!
2 comments:
i've never stayed at a conrad before. no wonder my x-coworkers insist on staying there :P i wanna see pix ..especially of the elephants!
sounds like the hiltons know what they are doing ;)
your babies must miss you too.
Post a Comment