Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Westin Fails, Heavenly Bed Notwithstanding

Tried out the Westin Grande Sukhumvit this time around and the heavenly bed was indeed lovely. But I doubt I'll return. Here's why:

  1. Too near to the BTS station and the main road, plus windows are probably not insulated enough - I hear the rumble of trains passing by, the vroomvroom of motorbikes and the sirens at night.
  2. Dodgy/sleazy bits too nearby - I spied "The King & I Massage" (bet you're treated just like a king there.... bah...) on my way to client's office today, very special ladies loitering around a couple blocks away, and 2 men and their 2 "friends" entered the lift with me when I was checking in last night.
  3. Bathroom is small and door to shower stall doesn't open fully, hardly any counter space at the sink for my toiletries, trashcan in the most obscure inconvenient corner - basically a poorly appointed bathroom.
  4. They don't top up the amenities like cotton buds, tissue, toothpaste. TSK!
  5. Limited breakfast choices at the executive lounge.
  6. Lousy room service food.
  7. People talking loudly outside my room late at night.
So yes. My vote still goes to the Conrad. Unless the Metropolitan proves me wrong next week?...

1 comment:

mini said...

eww I don't want to think about who has used those rooms .... :P i also hate it when there isn't enough space in the bathroom because god forbid my stuff falls and makes contact with the floor or sink eeeks.